Spirit Untamed is an American computer-animated adventure film directed by Elaine Bogan (in her feature directorial debut) and co-directed by Ennio Torresan. It is a standalone sequel to Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron as well as being based on the Netflix spin-off television series Spirit Riding Free.
A video game adaptation of the film, titled Spirit: Lucky's Big Adventure, was released by Outright Games on June 1st, 2021.
Lucky Prescott never really knew her late mother, Milagro Navarro, a fearless horse-riding stunt performer from Miradero, a small town on the edge of the wide-open frontier. Like her mother, Lucky isn’t exactly a fan of rules and restrictions, which has caused her Aunt Cora no small amount of worry. Lucky has grown up in an East Coast city under Cora’s watchful eye, but when Lucky presses her own luck with one too many risky escapades, Cora picks up stakes and moves them both back with Lucky’s father, Jim, in Miradero. Lucky is decidedly unimpressed with the sleepy little town. She has a change of heart when she meets Spirit, a wild Mustang who shares her independent streak, and befriends two local horseback riders, Abigail Stone and Pru Granger. Pru’s father, stable owner Al Granger, is the best friend of Lucky’s father. When a heartless horse wrangler and his team plan to capture Spirit and his herd and auction them off to a life of captivity and hard labor, Lucky enlists her new friends and bravely embarks on the adventure of a lifetime to rescue the horse who has given her freedom and a sense of purpose, and has helped Lucky discover a connection to her mother’s legacy that she never expected.
- Isabela Merced as Lucky Prescott
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Jim Prescott
- Julianne Moore as Cora Prescott
- Marsai Martin as Pru Granger
- Mckenna Grace as Abigail Stone
- Walton Goggins as unnamed horse wrangler
- Andre Braugher as Al Granger
- Eiza González as Milagro Navarro
- This is the world's first theatrical film based on a Netflix original TV series.
- It is likely that this film may be taking place during the events of the first season of Spirit Riding Free, as part of it appears to be retelling the events of the first episode.